Hiring Job Captain (Architect II)
AMT is a technically focused, creative architecture, design, engineering, construction services and mission-critical solutions firm providing turn-key project delivery across an exceptionally diverse portfolio of market sectors. We are currently expanding our Department of Architecture and Interiors and are seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented interior designer / architect to join our team.
Armentrout Matheny Thurmond P.C. is seeking a full-time Job Captain (Architect II) for our Athens, GA office. The Job Captain (Architect II) will be responsible for project coordination and management, overseeing project deadlines and budgets, supervising and mentoring junior staff, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Competent in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design
- Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking
- Adapts standards and criteria to project requirements and possess a diverse working knowledge of related disciplines
- Responsible for coordination of the Contract Documents
- Provides support and guidance to other technical staff as needed to successfully deliver contracted work
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field from an accredited program preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in architectural practice with focus on construction and roll out documentation preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards required.
- Advanced understanding of architectural design and related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in CAD, REVIT and other business software and their application to contract documents.
- Extensive knowledge of codes, consultant’s coordination (civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural), and ability to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of construction contract administration processes.
- Ability to lead communication efforts with client and development team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope, timelines, and budgets
- Experience with code compliance and regulatory requirements
Very generous Health, dental and vision, life and short-term disability insurance, Simple IRA matching, yearly bonus, flexible schedule, fun office and $62-83K yearly salary.